Saturday, May 30, 2020

Rise Up


Exhausted, the nurse takes off her mask,
decides, "This is hell." Head on the table,
for no apparent reason, she remembers a
speech she memorized in catechism class.
Jesus goes to hell, pulls Adam free saying

"I am your God. Out of love for you I order
you, O sleeper, to awake.

I did not create you to be held a prisoner.
Rise from the dead, for I am the life of the dead.

Rise up, work of my hands, you who were created
in my image. Let us leave this place.

For you are in me and I am in you;
we cannot be separated."
She lifts her head. Checks her watch, stands.
Puts on her mask.

O, to enter that bright portal!

- The Psalter
Instagram

----

We sincerely thank you for subscribing to the LaVerna Review.
The final reflection for our current season will be posted tomorrow for Pentecost.
We will be sending out a survey to all subscribers next week as we look to strengthen this reflection series.
Your feedback is highly important to us and greatly appreciated.
Our next season will begin around the time of Thanksgiving.
Peace and all good,
Alexandria & Tim

Office of Mission, Ministry & Interfaith Dialogue | St. Francis College

No comments:

Post a Comment