Monday, March 11, 2019

Monday of the First Week of Lent

Today's Readings


Matthew 25:31-46

In this Gospel, I believe Jesus is letting us know that he lives in each and every one of us. When we are kind, and helpful and humble to each other, we are doing the same for him. But when we are unkind and hurtful to one another, in the same fashion, we are being unkind and hurtful to him. Jesus teaches us that we should live our lives to grow closer to Him, and to strive to be like Him.


In a lot of ways, especially living and working in New York City, you pass countless numbers of people in need. While my heart feels for them, it is impossible to help every single person you come across. That being said, it always leaves me questioning which side would I fall on if I am not helping every single person I come across when my encounters may be much higher than those in more rural city. I think what we need to remember is that Jesus does not expect us to be perfect, and as long as we strive to live our lives for Him and like Him then we will have eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Alison Minotti
Assistant Director of Financial Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment